Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Summer Library Program

Yesterday, I took my kids to the library and signed them up for the summer reading program. We have done the summer reading program for many years now and my kids love it. The kids are challenged to read as many books as they can during the summer (or parents can read to them) and if you read the average number of books read by all those signed-up then you get a t-shirt at the end of the summer. They also have programs throughout the week for kids to come to. This year Mondays are story hour, Tuesday's are 4-H day, Wednesday's are movie day and Thursday is Painting Day. Also, in past years, the kids are put into a drawing each day they come for some kind of prize. In past years it has been gift cards. These activities are fun for my kids. They also have a big celebration party at the end of the summer to recognize the kids who read. I think a lot of people miss out by not taking advantage of the summer library programs. Stay tuned for activities we do this summer with this program. The thing I like best about it is that it is FREE! This year's theme is Be Creative at Your Library. My kids got a bag full of really neat stuff that we will be playing with soon. Check out your local library to see what they are doing this summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment